Some Straight Talk
The process of Selling your home as quickly as possible and with the least amount of inconvenience to you and your family begins with “Preparation.”
Step 1. Choosing a Realtor
It is imperative that you feel confident and comfortable with your Realtor. This is an incredibly important relationship and in my opinion the most important step toward a successful, stress-free experience. Your Realtor should be knowledgeable of the area market, understanding of your expectations, an experienced/skilled negotiator and a good communicator.
Step 2. Determining the list price of your home
As Realtors we have access to area home sales, which is the key component in determining what your home should list and sell for. Listing your property too high can scare away willing buyers and leave your home on the market for too long. When you lower the price, people may assume you are under pressure to sell, and lower their offers even further. List your property too low and you could be leaving some of your hard earned cash on the table.
To establish the list price for your home, I prepare a Comparative Market Analysis for my clients. A CMA is an analysis of homes that compare to yours, that have sold in a reasonable amount of time so as not to be impacted by fluctuations in the market. Along with “active” listings, I work with my clients to determine a list price that will get the job done in a reasonable amount of time with the minimum of inconvenience.
Step 3. Marketing your home
Effective marketing is more than just sticking a sign in the yard. Determining who is likely to purchase your home, your “Target Market”, should be the starting point of every good Marketing Plan. Next comes the “How” strategy. Home buyers are changing the manner in which they search for homes and simply put, print advertising no longer has the same impact it once did. As such, a one size fits all Marketing Plan is just not in the best interest of you the Seller. I work with my clients to customize a Marketing Plan that best showcases their home to their target audience.
I invite you to check out my credentials under the “It’s About Trust” tab above and visit the “Testimonials” Tab to see what my clients have to say about me. I would be glad to provide references.
- work with you to determine the Market Value of your home
- work with you to devise a Marketing strategy that will get your home sold in the least amount of time and with the least amount of inconvenience to you and your family
- utilize the MLS System, various webtools and Royal LePage’s extensive network to showcase your property to a broad range of potential Buyers
- make sure you are given immediate feedback from each and every showing
- this is extremely important to as it allows us to adjust our strategy based on Buyer and Realtor feedback
- help you to negotiate satisfactory terms of an Offer of Purchase and Sale
- be there for you and with you, from start to finish